This month CRM is in an overall condition of danger with the development performance steadily reducing over the past 2 months. The two reasons for this are,
- The enterprise teams 10 open projects which are small in size, and are all in the testing stages concurrently, reducing the amount of development work in the production systems.
- The majority of development effort in the "Mother" org is still sitting in the sandbox environment and will only be counted once it is pushed to the production environment for release and use. When this happens we are expecting a record high to be reached in the system improvement statistic.
To improve this condition, we need to exceed a combined target 5,341 system improvements for May 2015, and the individual team targets are listed at the end of this report.
- Outcomes from the CRM off-site not ready for executive approval.
- Development team burnout.
CRM roadmap update, post Innovation Tank session.
Team structure updated (awaiting approval) to assist Enterprise team.
- Upload and synchronisation with SAP RPL database with Salesforce.com
- Events project nearing completion.
The system improvements performed by the 3 different CRM teams across Fairfax Media Limited.
The enterprise team is in a Danger Condition. The team has enough development work in the sandbox to crate a record high, however it has not passed the user testing phase, so can not be included. This team produces an average of 643% per month more than any other team.
The Domain team is in a condition of Affluence with steady month on month increases in system improvements to the Grandmother system. The focus for this team is to keep them undisturbed, thing are working well for them.
The NZ team is in a condition of Danger. Having the second highest number of system improvements their performance has crashed. The team has been disbanded and must be rebuilt to continue the health of this system.
This graph shows the number of system improvements by each team on a month by month total. Data source>> is from the the system audit logs, and data displayed by work completed by each of the 3 teams.
Note: Data for Domain and NZ teams unavailable prior to October 2014 at time of report.
Illustrating the amount of effort being given to the various Salesforce.com systems, this graph is showing the total number of improvements made to each CRM system on a month to month basis over the last 6 months.
Although similar to "3 teams graph" above, the "Enterprise Team" at this stage works on both "Mother" system and "Grandmother". So the graph below shows the number of improvements by system.
Hover over graph to see details.
Based on this months report, the targets for next month are as follows;
- Complete all next project pre-work.
- Complete the testing and push changes to production.
- Ensure the continued stability of this team, they are working well, and should easily reach their target.
- In danger of missing their target as there is no established team. Rebuild the team is the only priority for the NZ system.